Friday, July 2, 2010

Do this and you won't need to visit your dentist

Last month I had to visit my dentist for a number of days. While talking to him I asked what was the best way to keep my teeth in good order. I was expecting something like "brush three times a day, regularly" or "use this great tooth paste because it contains x, y and z".

But his reply was totally unexpected. He said, "eat less".

He said that when we eat more, our blood's pH level gets disturbed and that's the single biggest source of tooth decay.

Now "eat less" is the advice I always acknowledge (though I yet have to practice it on regular basis). I had heard this first from Michael Pollan's famous quote, "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.".

So time to "eat less" now. And this blog post is going to serve as a constant reminder for me.

Posted via email from Saqib Awan

No comments:

Post a Comment