Monday, July 5, 2010

Thinking about thinking

As I said earlier, positive thinking is not the only thinking you need to do. Thinking about thinking is also an important one. You may need to sit down alone, preferably with a paper and a pencil, and start asking questions.

Warning: Your own answers can be scary.

  1. Why I am doing what I am doing? Can I do something better? When will I do that?
  2. What is the worst thing that can happen if I stop doing this today? Can things get better? Perhaps I shall get rid of my ever scolding boss and start living with dignity.
  3. What other possibilities (perhaps better ones) are there for me? Have I ever tried to explore?
  4. Should I re-evaluate my priorities? Reading, teaching, kids, spending, eating, pleasure, exercise, money, volunteering etc.
  5. What I am going to do in next 10,20,30 years?
  6. What is my past performance for the last 2, 5, 10, 15 years? Do I need to change my tactics radically?
  7. Is it time to develop new habits or get rid of old ones?
  8. Am I thinking too little?
  9. Am I thinking too much? (with too little action)
Not every question is tied to money.

Thinking about thinking comes under green and blue hats.

Posted via email from Saqib Awan

No comments:

Post a Comment